- A clean fresh minimal installation of CentOS 7 server.
- Minimum of 1 GB RAM (but 2 GB recommended).
- At least 20GB of free disk space (but 40 GB recommended).
- A valid cPanel license.
- Standard hostname (FQDN or Fully Qualified Domain Name)
1. Ensure that your server has a standard hostname (FQDN or Fully Qualified Domain Name), otherwise set it as follows (in this example, cpanel is the hostname and tecmint.lan is the domain name):
# hostnamectl set-hostname cpanel.tecmint.lan
2. cPanel is written in Perl, ensure that you have Perl installed on your server, other wise run the command below to install it on your system.
# yum install perl
3. You do not have to run any commands to install it, there is an auto installer script built for you. All you have to do is download the cPanel installer script with the cURL command, if you don’t have the cURL command installed, first install it like so.
# yum install curl
4. Then download the latest installer script to home directory.
# curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest
5. Now, run the auto installer script. Note that if you have logged in the server using SSH, we strongly recommend running cPanel auto installer script in screen mode, because it takes 40-60 mins to complete the installation depending on your server resources and Internet connection speeds.
# sh latest
Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing cPanel & WHM Installer..... ____ _ ___| _ \ __ _ _ __ ___| | / __| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _ \ | | (__| __/ (_| | | | | __/ | \___|_| \__,_|_| |_|\___|_| Installer Version v00061 r019cb5809ce1f2644bbf195d18f15f513a4f5263 Beginning main installation. 2017-03-04 04:52:33 720 ( INFO): cPanel & WHM installation started at: Sat Mar 4 04:52:33 2017! 2017-03-04 04:52:33 721 ( INFO): This installation will require 20-50 minutes, depending on your hardware. 2017-03-04 04:52:33 722 ( INFO): Now is the time to go get another cup of coffee/jolt. 2017-03-04 04:52:33 723 ( INFO): The install will log to the /var/log/cpanel-install.log file. 2017-03-04 04:52:33 724 ( INFO): 2017-03-04 04:52:33 725 ( INFO): Beginning Installation v3... 2017-03-04 04:52:33 428 ( INFO): CentOS 7 (Linux) detected! 2017-03-04 04:52:33 444 ( INFO): Checking RAM now... 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): To take full advantage of all of cPanel & WHM's features, 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): such as multiple SSL certificates on a single IPv4 Address 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): and significantly improved performance and startup times, 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): we highly recommend that you use CentOS version 7. 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): 2017-03-04 04:52:33 233 ( WARN): Installation will begin in 5 seconds. ....
At this point, sit back and relax, perhaps, you can grab yourself a cup of coffee as you wait for the cPanel installer script to complete the installation.